Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

My 2 year olds Frozen Birthday Party!

If you are like me and have one or more daughters at home, then you are probably going to be planning a Frozen themed birthday party at some point. My girls love the movie so much, my youngest requested a Frozen birthday, so I gave her one! Doesn't she look so happy?
Now I am not one to buy licensed birthday party sets- instead, I craft anything I can to make a party special and bring the theme to life! I found a bunch of ideas online as well and recreated them!
The first thing I did to prepare for this party was to make the pin the nose on Olaf picture. Every Frozen party needs a "Pin the nose on Olaf" game, right? You can find tons of downloadable versions of this game, but I wanted mine to look a particular way, so I drew it!
I used my silhouette to cut the nose shapes out of orange cardstock and I wrote the names of all the kids on them!  It was a really cute touch!


I also made a birthday banner with my silhouette cutting tool! I made the same sign for our last birthday party, the Tangled party. I just used different colors of cardstock! I found the snowflakes in the Christmas decoration isle of my local craft store for $1.
 
And what party is complete without balloons and streamers?
 
I made some snow garland simply by stringing cotton balls onto a needle and thread. I recommend hanging them right away to avoid tangling them up! I hung mine the day before the party as I made them.
I even left them hanging for a few days after the party so I could use them as a backdrop for my little girls 2 year old photos! I always take my own portraits of my girls - they have never seen the inside of a portrait studio! The flag in this photo was the inspiration for the color theme! I found it at Walmart for under $2.
A collage of my two-year-old Emma Jo's Frozen Birthday photos!
 
For the cake, I just made a boxed cake and iced it with a very light blue icing. As a rule, I always use pastel colors for icing- no matter what colors are in my party theme! I hate icing that dyes everyone's teeth and stains clothes and skin! I topped the cake with white chocolate snowflakes! To make them, I piped snowflakes onto wax paper and added edible pearls before they hardened. The girls and I had blast eating all of the broken ones!
I googled for Frozen party ideas and found many different forms of a snowman building game. I liked the idea and it was fitting because Emma loves- LOVES- marshmallows! However, I didn't like a lot of the things people used for snowman parts.
 
In each of these bags there are :
3 marshmallows
3 pretzel sticks
3 chocolate chips
1 orange tic-tac
 
I made the label on the bags using Microsoft word and I printed, cut them out and stapled them to the top of snack sized ziplock bags. Each one featured Olaf, snowflakes, the phrase "Do you wanna build a snowman?" and they even had the kids names on them!
 

Instead of giving them as the goody bags, we built them together. The third pretzel stick was for stacking the marshmallows onto. I have a handy tip for anyone who makes these: Instead of providing icing or melted chocolate as a glue, just use the insides of the marshmallow that becomes exposed by putting the pretzels through them!

Here are pictures of the few snowmen who hadn't been eaten before I could snap photos of them :)

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment